- Latina Magazine names Mercedes one of Top 10 Best Beauty Bloggers
- Shares her Best & Worst Dressed list on Univision’s Premio Lo Nuestro fashion recap
- Co-hosts Twitter Party with L’Oreal Paris
- Shares her Valentine’s Gift Guide live on Telemundo NY
- Mercedes on Buenos Dias Nueva York with products for winter
- Featured in Fox News article, Latina Bloggers Wield Power at NYFW
- In Mujer de Hoy with quick fashion fix-it tips for the office
- Offered holiday fashion and gift ideas for both Univision and Telemundo
- Invited to host a fashion show for Neiman Marcus
- Delivered keynote address at Le Moyne College
- Named Best Latina Fashion Blogger by LATISM (Latinos in Social Media)
- Featured in the Santo Domingo Times, 2-page spread
- Mercedes signs with P&G as the Beauty Expert of the Trend Trio from Have You Tried This Yet?
- Mercedes covers Vanidades Icons of Style as a beauty correspondent
- Katie Couric invites Mercedes to her new show and write about Jennifer Lopez
- Mercedes is featured in MSN article re: Latina Fashion Bloggers
- Mercedes speaks on Prince Harry photo scandal for Noticiero Telemundo (national)
- CBS’ The Couch invites Mercedes to talk about her fashion week experience
- Mercedes is interviewed by About.com (part of the New York Times) regarding her career in print and television
- People en Español recognizes Mercedes as an influencer in a two-page spread
- Mercedes shares her beauty tips in the premiere issue of Cosmo for Latinas
- Becomes a regular on-air style expert on Telemundo
- Klout sends Mercedes to the Billboard Awards for being a digital influencer
- Hosts career workshop for teens sponsored by Macy’s and El Diario
- Mercedes participates as a panelist in a Miami blogging conference
- Invited to The White House among other Top Latina Bloggers
- Mercedes goes live on Univision to talk about the Best and Worst Dressed of Premio lo Nuestro
- Mercedes partners with fashion blogger Flor to launch a web series called Latinas on the Move
- Travels to Brazil as a correspondent for ImpreMedia and BeChicMag.com to cover Captial Fashion Week in Brazil where she was the only American reporter/blogger – November
- Mercedes shares her Best and Worst Dressed List of the Latin Grammy’s live on Univision — November
- Participates in Niche Blogging panel at Latism Conference in Chicago– November
- Covers the Alma Awards in Santa Monica, CA on behalf of Artistry– September
- Accepts 3-month position with Pepsi Co. as a social media consultant
- Mercedes becomes one of five blog ambassadors for Kmart
- Featured in AOL Latino on entrepreneurial story about BeChicMag.com
- Featured in La Cosmpolatina
- Served as fashion panelist at second annual Hispanicize conference in
- Mercedes hosts beauty twitter parties
- Launches #BeChicTuesday- photo series which invites readers to share their looks
- Mercedes holds her first fundraiser with Celebrity Makeup Artist Jackie Gomez to benefit the Cornelia Connelly Center, an all-girl middle school in the Lower East Side that gives its students access to high school and college. See video here.
- Producers for The Apprentice choose Mercedes an alternate candidate for the show’s fall 2010 season.
- Mercedes interviews Anna Wintour for BeChicTV
- Procter and Gamble invites 11 “online beauty influencers” to its headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio- Mercedes is among the group to get an exclusive look at the P&G science labs!
- Best Local Blog Finalist in Mashable.com‘s Third Annual Open Web Awards
- Best Latina Blogger in Latinos in Social Media Awards
- Recognized as notable alum in communications at the Le Moyne College Presidential Reception in Tavern on the Green
Mercedes becomes segment and field producer for two nationally-syndicated television shows at LATV.
March: Accepts a one-year contract as production assistant and segment producer at WNBC-TV’s Emmy award-winning morning show “Today In New York”.
September: Joins the Bronx Borough President Adolfo Carrion’s Communications team as Deputy Press Secretary.
September: Launches www.BeChicMag.com.
Becomes Features Writer at New York Post’s Tempo section.